Fallon's Reviews > The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Jun 11, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, nook, kids-books, series
Read from June 07 to 11, 2011

First I must say two things 1) I had never heard of this series prior to the movie being released a few years ago & 2) I love mythos, adore, even was obsessed with it as a kid. Saying that I really enjoyed “The Lightning Thief” I wish I hadn’t seen the film first, because books are far better and I knew what all the twists would be. Anyway, the book was a fun ride, and a hard one for young Percy. Children (even imagined ones) can take on far more than we give them credit for. I like this setting and the characters that were developed, even though there is so much more that we can delve into in future books, the character arcs and the realizations hold a symbolic reality. We are indeed an amalgam of our parents, but we are what we make of ourselves. Anyway, this series appears to be made for youngish boys (preteen, teens, maybe a few years younger) and it holds a lot of action sequences, but those who enjoy a good fantasy and a good story will also enjoy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Thief.