Caitlin's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Sep 08, 2011

bookshelves: wishlist, i-ve-read-it-and-want-a-copy, love-triangles, read-in-2011, read-review-now, real-world, sex-or-sexal-situation, stand-alones
Read from September 07 to 08, 2011 , read count: 1

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

Quotes Caitlin Liked

Stephanie Perkins
“I don't want to feel this way around him. I want things to be normal. I want to be his friend, not another stupid girl holding out for something that will never happen.”

Stephanie Perkins
“I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.”

Stephanie Perkins
“Boys turns girls into such idiots.”

Stephanie Perkins
“I'm not sure how to order."
"Easy," Josh says. "Stand in line. Tell them what you want. Accept delicious goodies. And then give them your meal card and two pints of blood."
"I heard they raised it to three pints this year," Rashmi says.
"Bone marrow," Beautiful Hallway Boy says. "Or your left earlobe.”

“Soap?"
"School of America in Paris" he explains. "SOAP".
Nice. My father sent me here to be cleansed.”

Stephanie Perkins
“Will you please tell me you love me? I’m dying here.”

Stephanie Perkins
“Madame Guillotine gets mad at me. Not because I told them to shove it, but because I didn’t say it in French. What is wrong with this school?”

Stephanie Perkins
“Please. The boy gets a boner every time you walk into the room."
My eyes pop back open. Does she mean that figuratively or has she actually seen something? No. Focus, Anna.”

Stephanie Perkins
“Meretricious. Showily attractive but cheap or insincere.”

Stephanie Perkins
“One of the new girls followed me in and said she thinks Toph is an insensitive douchebag motherhumping assclown, and that I shouldn't let him get to me. Which was sweet, but didn't really help.”

“I'm sorry," he says.
"What? Why?"
"You're fixing everything I set down." He nods at my hands, which are readjusting the elephant. "It wasn't polite of me to come in and start touching your things."
"Oh, it's okay," I say quickly, letting go of the figurine. "You can touch anything of mine you want."
He freezes. A funny look runs across his face before I realize what I've said. I didn't mean it like that.
Not that that would be so bad.”

Stephanie Perkins
“I spent the period reading the first novel assigned for English. And wow. If I hadn't realized I was in France yet, I do now. Because Like Water for Chocolate has sex in it. LOTS of sex.”

Stephanie Perkins
“He pats his way around the the bed and slides back in. "Ow," he says.
"yes?"
"My belt. Would it be weird..."
I'm thankful he can't see me blush."Of course not." And I listen to the slap of leather, s he pulls it out of his belt loops. He lays it gently on my hardwood floor.
"Um," he says. "Would it be weird-"
"yes"
"Oh, piss off. I'm not talking trousers. I only want under the blankets. That breeze is horrible." He slides underneath, and now we're lying side-by-side. In my narrow bed. Funny, but I never never imagined my first sleepover with a guy being, well, a sleepover.”

Stephanie Perkins
Callipygian. Having shapely buttocks. Nice one, Bridge.”

Stephanie Perkins
“I spin around and give him the finger down low, hoping Monsieur Boutin can't see. St. Clair responds by grinning and giving me the British version, the V-sign with his first two fingers. Monsieur Boutin tuts behind me with good nature. I pay for my meal and take the seat next to St. Clair. "Thanks. I forgot how to flip off the English. I'll use the correct hand gesture next time."

"My pleasure. Always happy to educate.”

Stephanie Perkins
“Watch it." Josh bites into a pink apple and talks through a full mouth. "He has parts down there you don't have."

"Ooo, parts," I say. "Intriguing. Tell me more."

Josh smiles sadly. "Sorry. Privileged information. Only people with parts can know about said parts.”

Stephanie Perkins
“I love it when he cocks an eyebrow whenever I say something he finds clever or amusing.
I love listening to his boots clomp across my bedroom ceiling.
I love that the accent over his first name is called an acute accent, and that he has a cute accent.”

09/08/2011 page 250
67.0% "This book turns me into a giggly teenager...."

Elizabetha yay! so you read it!!! i ALSO want a copy!! did you like it?!

Caitlin Yep :) I'll hopefully do a review soon.