Vicky N.'s Reviews > Shadowfever

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

Sep 09, 15

bookshelves: romance, urban-fantasy
Read in June, 2011

This book pissed me off(at first). Like royally pissed me off. So much that I even considered to stop reading sometimes during the first couple of pages.
Because it was just too clichéish for me, but I am happy that didn't last long & the book took off & I am happy I continued reading.
There was so much going in that book & sometimes you feel like there is too much or too many things going on, but that never happened during Shadowfever. You can really tell KMM put thought into the series. And all the things that happened during this book had been foreshadowed in small ways during the other books. Still most things were a shocker, but when explained made perfect sense.

The Fever series is entertaining as a whole & I look forward to reading more by KMM.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowfever.

Michele C. I love her. And she was really ill with Lyme disease while writing much of the series, but still kept going for her fans. I hear she has more to come with these characters, as well as a "spin-off" series.

Vicky N. Oh I didn't know that. But she's awesome. I loved how she had a clear idea of the whole series from the start & each book got more complex & complex. And yes I heard that! I can't wait to read those.

Michele C. Yes, and it's funny because she was hesitant to even write the character(Mac) because she found her to be the kind of person that she doesn't like- self absorbed, shallow, etc. So I don't think we're meant to like her in the beginning. She grows on you as she changes and matures. She's flawed, but you kinda love and respect her because she doesn't give up and at least tries to learn from her mistakes. Yeah, I love it too when an author drops clues, etc. throughout the series and they all tie in - like J.K. Rowling w/ "Harry Potter". I love that "aha" moment when you figure something out.

Vicky N. Exactly! Mac is totally different from who she was before to who she was at the end & i loved that. Yes, I loved that moment too.