Brianna's Reviews > The Summer I Turned Pretty

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

Jun 08, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from June 07 to 08, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I am a big fan of girly novels, so this one was a fun read for me. It tells the story of the main character, Belly, and her summer adventures at Cousins Beach. We are also treated to flash backs of moments that were significant in her life and impacted who she was during the present summer. Though this book was primarily about her experiences with the boys, she also has to deal with divorce and cancer, both of which i have experience with. I could empathize with her quite easily.

In terms of her boy problems, we were introduced to the boys she grew up with every summer in that beach house. I grew quite attached to Jeremiah, a sincere and kind boy that i would love to be friends with or date if he was real. I was on his side throughout the whole novel! The other boys in the book - Steven (her slightly obnoxious older brother), Conrad (her longtime crush with attitude problems), and Cam Cameron (her slightly nerdy straight edge sort of boyfriend)- were interesting, but i did not like them as much as i liked Jeremiah.

All in all, this was a pretty good book. Perfect for a summer read and for anyone who likes this type of book. I look forward to reading the next book, whenever that happens. :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer I Turned Pretty.

06/07/2011 page 210
73.0% "I'm rooting for Jeremiah ;)"