May's Reviews > Crescendo

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Jan 15, 12

I swept my eyebrows up. “I didn’t realize you and Marcie had business.”

“We do, but it’s just that. Business.”

“Care to elaborate?” There was a heavy dose of allegation crammed betwwen my actual words. (Pg 48)

Nora Grey has got her guardian angel. Did I mention that it’s Patch? Yes, gorgeous, strong, mysterious Patch is no longer a fallen angel. But just when Nora thought her life was getting back to normal, Patch starts being shady; and worst of all, he’s started hanging out with one of the few people Nora’s never liked: Marcie Miller. And if you have read Hush Hush, you know Nora is not the type who is just going to stand there and take it.

But Nora doesn’t know that if she uncovers all of these secrets about her and her loved ones, that her world will change forever. She may not ever be able to trust the people who are the most important in her life anymore.

The second book in the Hush Hush Saga really frustrated me. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVED it, but Patch and Nora infuriated me! Patch was being such an ass, and you find out why later, but it still made you want to punch him. But you can feel the sexual tension between Patch and Nora and it makes everything between them all the more complicated. And at first I hated Scott, because I thought he was going to get in the way of Patch and Nora’s relationship, but later I was able to tolerate him. I still didn’t like him as much, though.

Crescendo definitely did not dissapoint. I love the whole idea of fallen angels and Nephilim and everything. It’s different from the books that I normally read. Since I’ve read Hush Hush, no other book about angels could compare to it. Becca Fitzpatrick wrote this sequel beautifully. Her writing really makes you feel like you are a part of the story. You find out a lot about Nora, and everyone else in the story for that matter. I was hooked from the first page to the last.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.