Pattyrflg's Reviews > Jane Austen Ruined My Life

Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo

U 50x66
Jun 07, 11

Read in May, 2011

Emma Grant—PhD, prestigious English professor whose specialty is Jane Austen and her works. Emma’s marriage and career comes crashing down, so when she receives a strange invitation to come to England to learn new information about Jane Austen she decides to go. Upon arriving at her cousin's townhouse in London, she encounters her best friend from college, Dr. Adam Clark. Emma meets Mrs. Parrott and she reveals that she and her secret group, the Formidables, have over 3,000 of Jane Austen’s letters that were believed to be destroyed by her sister, Cassandra. Emma is asked to perform certain tasks in order to eventually have access to all the letters and she is sworn to secrecy. Does Emma get her career back? Does the truth about her slimy husband get revealed? And, what about Adam Clark—why was he in London and does he know why Emma is there? You will enjoy finding out the answers to these questions and your own. There are a few more surprises in this quick, entertaining read, so get to it. NOTE: At the end of the book, the author clarifies her fiction from the facts known about Jane Austen’s life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane Austen Ruined My Life.