J. Andersen's Reviews > A Demon Made Me Do It

A Demon Made Me Do It by Penelope King

Jun 07, 11

I loved this book beyond words! In a way, this surprised me since I don’t normally read fantasy, much less demon oriented books, but King does such a masterful job at creating a world and characters that capture your attention, I couldn’t put it down. Sure, teen angst has been done a million times. But never like this! King’s unusual take on the struggles of navigating the teenage years is absolutely refreshing.

Liora Greyson would like nothing more than to live a normal life, but that seems to be impossible when she has to share her body with a demon named Lucky. It’s hard enough to make excuses as to why she can’t attend sleepovers or parties, but with Lucky set on getting revenge for the murders of her friends, things get even trickier for Liora. But when Liora meets the new kid, Kieron, things start to look up for a change. Maybe she actually has a shot at a normal relationship. Well, as normal as it can possibly get when she is only herself during the daylight hours. She might have some explaining to do if she ever meets Kieron after dark—when her demonic side comes out.

Lucky goes berserk when she discovers Liora has been spending time with the mysterious Kieron. Lucky’s sure Kieron’s hiding something. Something that can destroy both of their worlds. Thankfully, Lucky has Bones to watch out for her. Bones is her best friend who happens to be an incubus and a hound of hell. Not to mention he’s incredibly sexy. Bones is the desire of every young girl’s heart—at least for one night—but for Lucky, he’s always been her best friend. Nothing more. Whatever their relationship happens to be, Bones won’t let anything happen to Lucky. But what happens when Lucky discovers the secrets that Kieron’s been keeping and both Lucky and Liora’s worlds are threatened?

The thing I loved most about this story was King’s way with the characters. She creates such unique personalities that made me fall in love with all of them. In most books, I tend to choose one or two characters I like more and root for them. In A DEMON MADE ME DO IT, I loved them all. That is definitely the work of a fantastic writer. I highly recommend this book and am on the edge of my seat for book two of the series. Penelope King has found herself a devoted reader in me.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Demon Made Me Do It.