Noelle's Reviews > A Little Wanting Song

A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley

Oct 26, 11

bookshelves: yay-for-ya, reviewed
Read from October 24 to 26, 2011

Maybe closer to 3.5 but only when I directly compare it to Graffiti Moon. Ahh, I know! But I can't help it--I just read and re-read that book and it may as well be spray-painted on my heart now. But I still really enjoyed Wanting Song. Love the title. Love the Dave. Love the intricate mixtape production process. It's just that many things that happened so naturally in Graffiti show their effort here. I found myself thinking the two narrators were the same voice talking about different things and in the first half I had quite a few "no one talks like that!" moments. But there ARE some wonderful scenes and I truly adore Dave. Because of that, and the second half, I have no problem going with 4 stars. Also, I've seen where this author ship is sailing and it is, and is going to be, ahhhhmazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Wanting Song.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah Apparently the Australian edition is completely different--she had to rewrite it so her US publisher would release it here. I'm so curious what the differences are.

Noelle Oh really? I'm intrigued.

Sarah Yeah, me too. (BTW: I'm glad I read ALWS first, because I loved it, but probably wouldn't have loved it as much if I'd read GM first--which is one of my favorite books ever.)

Noelle I really enjoyed ALWS but yup.

Maggie Sarah wrote: "Apparently the Australian edition is completely different--she had to rewrite it so her US publisher would release it here. I'm so curious what the differences are."

Innnnnnteresting. But Dave's still wearing his black singlet, right?? ;) Clearly, he was the main draw for me.

Sarah Maggie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Apparently the Australian edition is completely different--she had to rewrite it so her US publisher would release it here. I'm so curious what the differences are."

Innnnnnteresting..."

That was such a key part of the novel, I can't imagine that not being in the Aussie version. It'd be blasphemous! ;)

Noelle Hahahaha. I'm going to file that under Essential...well, you know the rest. :D

Sarah Noelle wrote: "Hahahaha. I'm going to file that under Essential...well, you know the rest. :D"

!!!!!!!!

Maggie Bahahaha! Most definitely!!