NaomiRuth's Reviews > Page by Paige

Page by Paige by Laura Lee Gulledge

Jun 07, 11

bookshelves: ya
Read in June, 2011

Eh... I don't know. I liked it well enough I suppose. Some of the drawings were magnificent. But Graphic Novels still creep me out for some reason. Plus, I don't like my YA to have the word Orgy in them. I think that's uncomfortable. I'm just glad this was shelved under YA, because at BEA I met Ms. Gulledge (who was super nice by the way) and the discussion made it sound like it was for Middle Grade. I don't think it is quite that appropriate. And maybe I am just old fashioned. And maybe I do want children to be as innocent as they can be for as long as possible. But still. If there are moments I am uncomfortable when reading a child's book, then I know there are children out there feeling the same way and that leaves me feeling disoriented.

BUT. For girl's who love Graphic Novels and are looking for a one girl centered about growing up, and don't mind a lot of angst (another reason I didn't particularly enjoy it, but that's simply a matter of taste) then as long as their more mature, I believe they would enjoy this book.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Page by Paige.

Megan Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about that word and how I was uncomfortable when I read it too! A little too much for YA.

Briana I had also been under the impression this was a middle grade book. After reading it, I can see it's solidly YA.