Molly's Reviews > Blind Allegiance to Sarah Palin: A Memoir of Our Tumultuous Years

Blind Allegiance to Sarah Palin by Frank Bailey

Jun 07, 11

Read in June, 2011

Palin's recent comment that Paul Revere "warned the British" that we were armed "by ringing bells" continue to shock, even though this book should prepare me for it.

One favorite bit from the book regarding her inexperience and lack of knowledge; "In early 2006 a bill that became known as the 'no More Sarah Palin Bill' (sponsored by an Alaskan Republican) was introduced as a means of insuring that in the future nobody with so little knowledge on energy issues as Sarah Palin could serve on the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AOCGCC) again."

The book is fine - I gave it an "okay" because it is not an award-winning bio, it is a confessional from Bailey who I think wants to clear his name and himself of guilt. But there is enough here about the self-serving motivation and the questionable emotional stability of Palin to give fascinating insight. This woman should not be allowed anywhere near public office.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blind Allegiance to Sarah Palin.

message 1: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Jolie I agree with you, Molly. But would add one aspect. I found his story of unravelling of belief compelling. He was a passionate political neophyte who slowly (too slowly) had to see the danger of his "blind allegiance". He was the simple believer in his cause and went "all in". And slowly his own moral ethic eroded. Others on that team made similar errors of judgement (or law breaking) but are still in the game. I guess I appreciate the fact that he wrote this bio with the same level of "green". I'm presuming some of the more seasoned operatives would have spun the story to make themselves a bit less culpable.