Anica's Reviews > Kill Me Twice

Kill Me Twice by Roxanne St. Claire

Jun 10, 11

bookshelves: romantic-suspense
Read from June 08 to 09, 2011

Somehow it's hard to say something about this book. I mean I picked it up because the blurb sounded quite nice. And the first pages kinda amused me, so I bought it. And I have to say I haven't regret it. Although I somehow expected something else. Maybe a bit more suspense, death, action, ... I dunno. Even though the book has elements of the romantic-suspense genre, it felt more like a romance book with crime elements. It's not a book I want to compare to Karen Rose f.e.

Still, I really enjoyed reading this. The humor was nice, especially Alex bantering with his colleagues amused me to no end. And Jazz and Alex had chemistry. So that's something. But the best thing was that I had no idea what was behind all of it until like 50 pages before the end. This was great. You thought you knew but you knew nothing!

The ending was really nice and kinda aww-worthy. And honestly, I am really looking forward to the other books now. Especially Lucy's story must be great.

All in all, this was a nice read. There's still some space left to be more awesome but I enjoyed reading this nonetheless.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill Me Twice.

06/08/2011 page 116

message 1: by Edna (new)

Edna Glad to hear this was a good one. I read a prequel short story for her other series Guardian Angelinos, which takes place in the same world, and thought it had potential. Maybe I should start with this one since it is published earlier.

Anica It's really quite entertaining though like I said, don't expect something like Karen Rose or Lisa Jackson or so. It's quiet but still entertaining and in the end you wish you had a bodyguard like Alex. lol