Ruth's Reviews > The Fine Art of Insincerity: A Novel

The Fine Art of Insincerity by Angela Elwell Hunt

F_50x66
Jun 06, 11

Read in June, 2011

I've read and enjoyed several of Angela Hunt's books in the past so I was pleased to accept a review copy of her latest, The Fine Art of Insincerity. Hunt does a great job of showing how these sisters' childhood affected their adult lives, for good and for bad. I can't say that I particularly liked any of the three, but by the end of the book I was cheering for all of them. Hunt allows them to learn the value of love between sisters and love between spouses.

I guess there is something about a death in the family that draws people together, and yet opens wounds that never heal unless they are exposed.

The Fine Art of Insincerity is not a fluffy feel-good read, but it does have a hopeful ending and I thoroughly enjoyed it. While classified as Christian fiction, it is on the subtle end of the spectrum and unless you hate references to God and faith, the Christian elements shouldn't bother you. I'd say it fits the category of "women's fiction" as well if not better than Christian fiction. Grade: A-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fine Art of Insincerity.