Sasha's Reviews > The Space Between

The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff

Nov 04, 11

bookshelves: penguin, paranormal-supernatural, young-adult, read-in-2011, 2011-publication
Read from September 17 to 24, 2011

This book is scary and creepy, but it is so good at the same time. Daphne is the daughter of Lucifer and Lilith (yes, THAT Lilith) and she lives a life of, quite frankly, boredom. She has sisters who go off galavanting and have fun seducing human boys but Daphne isn't like that. She's different from her siblings and her brother, Obie, is different too. So when he goes missing, she decides to find him - along with the help of a very cute human boy. This is the story of their journey to find Obie and their journey of finding love.

You might be thinking this is "just another paranormal romance" but it's so much more than that! What I loved most about their love - it wasn't necessarily instalove. Is Daphne drawn to the mystery human boy? Yeah, sure. But it is by no means instalove and I was so happy about this. And while this is a story with love, it's not a "love story" so much as it is a story about a girl (errr..half demon) trying to find her brother.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes paranormal reads as the story-telling and writing is top-notch. I really enjoyed this one and can I just say HOORAY for a stand alone paranormal YA book?!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Space Between.

09/20/2011 page 48
14.0% "finally getting started on this one. liking it alot."
09/21/2011 page 196
56.0% "this book is just what I've been needing."

message 1: by Effie (new) - added it

Effie Sounds awesome and like the fact that it's not insta-love. Moving it up my list!

message 2: by Rose (new) - rated it 1 star

Rose I'm so going to read this one