CAS's Reviews > Free Me

Free Me by Brita Addams

Oct 04, 11

Read in June, 2011, read count: 4

Free Me is an amazing BDSM story with a lot of heart and depth. It is so beautifully and flawlessly written it was impossible to put down until I had read the very last page. My only complaint is it left me wanting M O R E! I had not yet read a Brita Addams book and came across this one as part of Amber Allure's "Postcards from Paradise" series. The BDSM scenes are so intense and real I felt like I was there as a voyeur, part of the action. The chemistry between these two larger than life men is breathtaking. The HFN (Happy For Now) ending is perfectly fitting and more than whet my appetite for the sequel 'In His Arms'. In two words, auto buy.

I never doubted for a single minute that these two strong willed alpha males belonged together. The attraction is instant and mutual. Each man has specific sexual needs and sees in the other the potential for satisfying them. Phil as an experienced Dom cannot resist the lure of Bryan who is only just starting to explore his submissive side. He is more than willing to help Bryan find his limits and each experience leaves them craving more. Phil and Bryan have both been burned in prior relationships; all they want from these encounters is no strings, mutually satisfying sexual exploration. Neither one is going to be the first to admit to wanting something real together once the fantasy cruise comes to an end.

The entire multi-author "Postcards from Paradise" Series is not to be missed. But honestly, Free Me is by far my favorite and I have read all of them to date. This is one of those rare gems that I "felt" deep down. It made me ache and left me breathless and that has stayed with me... long after I finished reading it. If you enjoy really well written BDSM themed stories with a strong Dom paired with an equally strong sub; consider this a postcard from Paradise inscribed "Wish you were here, the BDSM is beautiful".

NOTE: This review was written for Queer Magazine Online.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Free Me.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betryal (new)

Betryal Great review!

message 2: by CAS (new) - rated it 5 stars

CAS Thank you! :)
I HIGHLY recommend it and am going to have such a hard time waiting for the sequel.

message 3: by Betryal (new)

Betryal LOL I can see why :winks:

message 4: by CAS (new) - rated it 5 stars

CAS YOU are most welcome. And.... Yeah, love me some Phil and Bryan. ;D

I am occupying my time with Hot Summer Days... waiting for August 7th to hurry up and get here.