Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Queen of the Undead's Reviews > An Echo in the Bone

An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon

Jun 06, 2011

Read from June 06 to July 02, 2011

OMG! I hated the ending and I want the next book now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Echo in the Bone.

06/06/2011
0.0% "It's an addiction."
06/07/2011
1.0% "Archie, you take "gold digging" to an entirely new level."
06/08/2011
3.0% "Poor William, his sense of direction sucks."
06/09/2011
3.0% "If you haven't read this series yet but you want to, listen to it on audiobook. It really is a performance instead of a simple book reading. I get so lost in Davina Porter's performance of the story that I feel like I'm on Fraser's ridge or in Lallybroch!" 2 comments
06/11/2011
9.0% "Isn't what happened Arch's fault? Why does he blame Ian? His wife wouldn't have been in the wrong place, at the wrong time but for Arch's actions! Now, they have to go back to Scotland!!!"
06/13/2011
20.0% "Fergus has some gray in his hair! It can't be. He cannot be almost 40. No.no.no He's still a 10 year old French pickpocket!"
06/16/2011
21.0% "When Roger first became a major character in the Outlander series, I didn't really like him. I thought he seemed very non-warrior (aka Jamie) like. A bit of a nerd. However, I now love Roger and if I can't have Jamie, well...."
06/17/2011
21.0% "I've decided to stop the book at 50% so I can wait until the next book is released. I heard the ending of this book will make me want the next one right away!"
06/18/2011
25.0% "Please don't tell me the dog is dead! DO NOT TELL ME! I have a thing against dead dogs. Ok, yes I know it is a dog. But stillllll. OK, plus as Ian would say "But Auntie, he is a GOOD dog". Damn it. I feel like Claire when she was saying goodbye to her cat!" 6 comments
06/20/2011
35.0% "The entire lack of dental care would have driven me bonkers! I'm way too into having all my teeth and having them all not rotten! GROSS! And not washing hands....gross. I guess you did what you knew back then, until you knew better." 4 comments
06/22/2011
45.0% "Roger is such a naughty boy with his "hard hat" fantasy with Bri. LOL" 6 comments
06/26/2011
68.0% "I almost looked at spoilers. I'm not sure why I want to ruin the ending but I'm getting nervous about the list of possible cliffhangers." 12 comments
06/28/2011
71.0% "Rachel Hunter for Ian? Oh I hope it works out. I love Ian. I am so so so so tempted to look at spoilers so I can be prepared for whatever cliffhanger I know will be coming!" 4 comments
06/29/2011
75.0% "Jenny having a laughing fit when she looks at Ian. You gotta love her. Oh, I don't like this Ian/Rachel/William/Rachel possible fiasco-in-the-making. No!"
06/29/2011
79.0% "big Ian :(" 2 comments
07/01/2011
85.0% "I knew Cameron was bad! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!"
07/02/2011
90.0% "NO! nonononono!" 4 comments
07/02/2011
95.0% "3 hours. That's it. That is all I have left. I hate this ending. I hate it. I was warned to wait until the next book came out but NOOOOOOO, I didn't listen. I deserve my agony. I'm sorry for not listening my fellow Jamie addicts. I should have waited." 20 comments

Catie Nope, you haven't. Oh boy, I am looking forward to the status updates!!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Catie wrote: "Nope, you haven't. Oh boy, I am looking forward to the status updates!!"

LOL! I was just answering you in the other one! LOL

Teri I know! It makes you wonder how old Jamie and Claire really are :/
80? LOL

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Teri wrote: "I know! It makes you wonder how old Jamie and Claire really are :/
80? LOL"

oh god, don't you dare go there. Jamie is still a 20 something, kilt wearing, sword swinging, romance spewing (sounds romantic huh) Scot! I refuse to believe he is anything but that!

Teri Yes, I feel that way too, that is what will keep me reading the next one (if it ever comes out!!!!).

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Teri wrote: "Yes, I feel that way too, that is what will keep me reading the next one (if it ever comes out!!!!)."

When IS it coming out?

message 7: by Rhea (new) - added it

Rhea Next year, if we're lucky :)
I added a placeholder :Untitled

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead CloveR wrote: "Next year, if we're lucky :)
I added a placeholder :Untitled"

I don't want to finish this one since I don't want a gap of time in between! This sucks! I never thought that I would be caught up with this series that I would have to wait for the next one.

Bonnie Oh yeah... many cliffhangers. Many, jaw dropping.. cliffhangers. lol I think I remember even screaming an 'Oh my gosh no!!!!!" lol

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Oh yeah... many cliffhangers. Many, jaw dropping.. cliffhangers. lol I think I remember even screaming an 'Oh my gosh no!!!!!" lol"

Ok, well I'm definitely not going to read the last 50% then. I really hate that Claire and Jamie are getting older. I swear I feel like I'm going to mourn for them if one/both die in one of the books. I know it has to happen eventually but well...

Bonnie Yeah the Outlander series is one of my favorite series ever. I had heard that this next book is potentially the last in the series too.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Yeah the Outlander series is one of my favorite series ever. I had heard that this next book is potentially the last in the series too."

Same here. I can't believe it took me about 5 attempts to get through the first 150 pages of the first book. Now, I'm such a fangirl, I'm almost ashamed of my love for an imaginary character.

Bonnie Gosh I read the first book... about 8 years ago. I can't remember if I had problems but I do remember requiring the following novels immediately. lol

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Gosh I read the first book... about 8 years ago. I can't remember if I had problems but I do remember requiring the following novels immediately. lol"

Can you believe I read the first one just last year? I kind of just zoomed right through the next six!

Bonnie Wow, apparently! lol I remember that by book 3 I was so wrapped up in the series that I would bring it to work with me and I would find places to hide and read it. My boss was always busy so I never got in trouble but it cracks me up to this day how utterly obsessed I was.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Wow, apparently! lol I remember that by book 3 I was so wrapped up in the series that I would bring it to work with me and I would find places to hide and read it. My boss was always busy so I neve..."

I read two of the books, and listened to 5 (including this one) on audiobook. I love this series on audiobook.

It's actually very sad, if I ever met Davina Porter (the narrator for the Outlander series on audiobook), I'd probably have to kidnap her and demand that she speak "Jamie" to me all day. I'd have to close my eyes so I wouldn't notice that I was listening to a woman! LOL

Bonnie LOL That's hilarious. I've never actually listened to an audiobook... I think I love reading too much. I tried once and I couldn't get into it!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "LOL That's hilarious. I've never actually listened to an audiobook... I think I love reading too much. I tried once and I couldn't get into it!"

Some people can't do audiobooks which I can completely understand. I can do both. I actually prefer audiobooks on epic fantasy novels or really long historical fiction or historical romance novels. In general, I don't like any paranormal/urban fantasy novels on audiobooks (there are exceptions).

What is so hard about audiobooks is you actually need to know two ratings before you decide on an audiobook, the book/story itself and then the narrator. Often times you can have a great book but a horrible narrator.

Wow, I am a rambling fool today! Sorry!

Bonnie Lol You're fine. I think that could've been my problem with the one book I remember trying... the narrator was male and he would attempt all these different voices for the different characters; even females. He failed miserably.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Lol You're fine. I think that could've been my problem with the one book I remember trying... the narrator was male and he would attempt all these different voices for the different characters; eve..."

male narrators doing female voices... almost impossible!

Catie I can't like it! He looks too smarmy XD

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Catie wrote: "I can't like it! He looks too smarmy XD"

he just has beautiful cat eyes.

Catie :) Okay, okay. (view spoiler)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Catie wrote: ":) Okay, okay. [spoilers removed]"

Oh i agree! I just want his eye balls!

Catie LOL!

Regina I did think it was a woman until I scrolled down and saw the stubble. :)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Regina wrote: "I did think it was a woman until I scrolled down and saw the stubble. :)"

Ok.... so for all your Jamie Fraser lovers....what do you think Jamie looks like?

Catie And now it's about to get interesting...*sits back and waits for the pictures to roll in.*

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Catie wrote: "And now it's about to get interesting...*sits back and waits for the pictures to roll in.*"

I couldn't even begin to imagine. I know you can't find anyone with the hair, it is almost impossible but the eyes, the height, the face....

Catie You know what's really fun? Searching "Jamie Fraser" in google images. Check out this one (sorry it's so giant):

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Catie wrote: "You know what's really fun? Searching "Jamie Fraser" in google images. Check out this one (sorry it's so giant):

"

that's not bad. He looks very non-rugged but he definitely has the red hair and eyes.

Catie Non-rugged? But he has a beard! Beard = rugged.

Regina Lol.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Catie wrote: "Non-rugged? But he has a beard! Beard = rugged."

lol.... that is true, but it needs to be long, dirty, with dried up crusted blood in it!

Bonnie And some dirt smudges. That guys beard is far too neat.

Regina I think Jamie for each of us - is something we all will never agree on or find a picture to satisfy is. For me, the beauty of Jamie is his personality and his actions. I actually never pictured red hair and blue eyes.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Regina wrote: "I think Jamie for each of us - is something we all will never agree on or find a picture to satisfy is. For me, the beauty of Jamie is his personality and his actions. I actually never pictured red..."

That's very true...when I see him in my imagination, he looks like this but with longer hair, and more scruffy aka rugged...(even when I try to imagine red hair it won't work)

[image error]

Catie Haha, crusted blood and dirt!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead --- 365andMe wrote: "LOL - I wanted to start this series in 2011 and have written it off as there's no way. I'm shooting for 2012."

Bonnie I agree. I can't imagine having not read these books. They are certainly something that must be experienced, no question.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "I agree. I can't imagine having not read these books. They are certainly something that must be experienced, no question."

While I hate waiting, the fact that I'm so eager to find out what happened to all my favorite characters, tells me how much I'm invested into the storyline.

Bonnie Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "I agree. I can't imagine having not read these books. They are certainly something that must be experienced, no question."

While I hate waiting, the fact that I'm so eager to find..."

I can't wait. Beyond excited doesn't even begin to explain it. lol

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "I agree. I can't imagine having not read these books. They are certainly something that must be experienced, no question."

While I hate wa..."

Did you see the exerpts from book 8 that Gabaldon posted?

Bonnie Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "I agree. I can't imagine having not read these books. They are certainly something that must be experienced, no question."
..."

Excerpts? What? Tell me more. lol

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "I agree. I can't imagine having not read these books. They are certainly something that must be experienced, no question."
..."

they are here if you are interested. http://www.sinijari.fi/linkit/outland... I read them all & I'm much happier now!

Bonnie Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "I agree. I can't imagine having not read these books. They are certainly somethin..."

Awesome! Thank you. :)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Awesome! Thank you. :)..."

Just follow the date links in order and you will be very happy. When you click on the link, you will find emails/msges from Gabaldon to (I'm guessing) her fans where she gives excerpts of what she just wrote for book 8

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "I can't imagine not having this series as part of my life. I feel like I have an alternative reality where all the characters live in (yes, I need help). "

I think that as a positive thing.

Bonnie Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Awesome! Thank you. :)..."

Okay, I really enjoyed that. I totally just raced through them. lol

« previous 1