Rach's Reviews > Attachments

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Jun 21, 2015

bookshelves: recommended, 2014, book-club, 2015
Read from May 28 to June 21, 2015 , read count: 2

I've had this book on my to-be-read list for 3 years now, and I honestly don't know why it took me so long to get to it! The plot, the writing style, the characters, the things that makes this book what it is, are all so utterly charming. Sometimes it can be difficult to get to know characters when all you know about them is what they write in an email. Email and other text-only communication can be tricky because it is hard to convey and understand tone when you can't hear someone's voice or see someone's face. Somehow, though, we were able to get to know Beth and fall in love with her before we even knew what she looked like. Through Lincoln's eyes, we can see how wonderful and kind she is, and feel the thrill along with him whenever she talks about him.

Over the course of this book, Lincoln because not only Beth's cute guy, but OUR cute guy, MY cute guy. I love him, insecurities and all, and want him to be happy, whether that happiness came from finally getting over the self-centered Sam (perhaps the person I dislike the most in the whole book) and moving on with his life, or meeting a cute girl with whom to fall in love, or finally getting to be in all-time, always-on love with Beth.

(view spoiler) And I just couldn't be happier.

Do yourself a favor and go pick this book up.

This was my pick for our latest book club session. It seemed most of the people that read it at least enjoyed it, whether they loved it or not. And it was a quick read! It's definitely good for a "what would you do" type discussion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Attachments.

07/16/2014 marked as: currently-reading