Karen K's Reviews > Bad Company

Bad Company by K.A. Mitchell

Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: ebook-owned, gay-for-you, gay-first-time, gay-romance, gay-friends-to-lovers
Read in July, 2011

I love K.A. Mitchell's stories and writing style and though the style was still fabulous in this book - concise, descriptive scenes, and witty, believable dialogue - I just didn't connect with the characters very much at all.

I also usually really like gay-for-you or friends-to-lovers, but this didn't feel like either of those. The characters weren't fully-developed in my mind and their contradictory behaviours sometimes confused me and pulled me from the story. There were the odd moments where they did have chemistry, where the attraction was believable and didn't seem contrived or fake, but more often than not, I just didn't understand why they were behaving the way they were. Alone, they were interesting characters, but together they just didn't suit how they were acting.

I'm actually having difficulty describing how I felt about Kellan and Nate or the story in general, so I hope I've at least written something partially comprehensible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Company.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Chris Alas, not her best. I started out thinking I'd want to smack Kellan, based on how things started, but I actually wanted to smack Nate throughout most of the book.

Karen K Yeah they both needed a few well-aimed smacks. :)

Chris Eyre has a great tag: someone-needs-to-be-smacked. :D