Timothy's Reviews > A Murder Is Announced

A Murder Is Announced
Agatha Christie
288pages
ISBN 1579126294

A Murder is Announced by Agatha Christie is a mystery book about a mysterious attempt to murder a woman named Letitia Blacklock. The title refers to an advertisement posted in a small village about a murder being announced at 6:30 pm. At first, no one believes the advertisement, but at 6:30 pm, the lights of Letitia Blacklock's house goes dark and two shots are heard. After the lights go back on, Letitia Blacklock's ear is cut by one of the bullets and the man who was thought to be responsible for the plan is dead. This book is a mystery book with a plot that contains more mysteries as the it develops. The book turns out that Letitia Blacklock had always been Charlotte Blacklock because Letitia had died a while ago.
I really liked how Agatha Christie developed the plot of this story because she gave us some clues in the book that were not obvious. We find out that the murderer of several people was the sister of Letitia Blacklock, Charlotte Blacklock. Bunny, a person who Charlotte murdered gave us a clue that Charlotte was interested in getting rid of Letitia because Bunny referred to Charlotte as Lotty and Letitia as Letty, and there was a time when Charlotte would correct Bunny when she would call Charlotte Lotty because Charlotte does not want anyone to know her true identity. At first, this is insignificant, but after Charlotte's identity is revealed, the reader can understand why Christie put every character in the book.
I would recommend this book to everyone who enjoys reading mystery books because this book's plot can keep anyone reading. Attempted murder and murders occur in this book which make this book a fun read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Murder Is Announced.