Chezon's Reviews > Acting Out

Acting Out by Benilde Little

Jul 09, 11

bookshelves: personal-library, posted-on-pbs
Read from June 06 to July 09, 2011

Wish I could give it 2.5. But I can't. Not good enough to make it 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acting Out.

Quotes Chezon Liked

“Just take this as a warning. Know that there's always a price for not being yourself.”
Benilde Little, Acting Out

“There had been a time when I owned my life and now I felt like I was coming around to myself again. It's like I've finally discovered bones in myself I never knew I had. I discovered that it takes bravery to be one's self. I now know that the only thing I needed to be afraid of was of not finding my true self and having the courage to be me.”
Benilde Little, Acting Out

06/06/2011 page 25
9.0% "Taking a break"
06/11/2011 page 69
24.0% "I keep forgetting I'm reading this...."
06/12/2011 page 95
33.0% "Next chapter 11"
06/13/2011 page 139
48.0% "Redundant in spots. Pressing on. Next chapter 15"
07/07/2011 page 165
57.0% "Bookmark fell out of the book. Had to find my place. Realizing this story isn't drawing me into it. Don't think I'll keep this in my personal collection once I finish it. Entertaining enough to complete it. Not enjoyable enough to keep it. Hmmmm what to read next?"
07/09/2011 page 175
61.0% "Pg 175 - and this is the first time they mentioned her mother's name? Sheesh..."
07/09/2011 page 179
62.0% "Next chapter 20"
07/09/2011 page 223
77.0% "There had been a time when I owned my life and now I felt like I was coming around to myself again. It's like I've finally discovered bones in myself I never knew I had. I discovered that it takes bravery to be one's self. I now know that the only thing I needed to be afraid of was of not finding my true self and having the courage to be me. --Benilde Little, Acting Out"