Mandi Schreiner's Reviews > Paradise Found

Paradise Found by Hunter Raines

Jun 21, 11

bookshelves: novella, m-m-m
Read on June 06, 2011

Cameron and Mark’s relationship is in a little bit of trouble. They just don’t have that spark together anymore so they decide to travel to the exotic Anguilla. It is here they choose to find one man, for one night to spice up their sex life.

Phillip just graduated Yale law school and travels to Anguilla with a few fellow graduates but he is pretty melancholy. His father, who will be his boss does not approve of Philip being gay. So Philip has tried to hide those tendencies and be the son his father wants – but it just makes him depressed. Drinking alone, Cameron and Mark spot him and want him for the night. At first Philip resists, but he is on an island, and there are two hot sexy men available.

But this isn’t just a fun night of sex. Okay it is – but after the smexin’ serious issues come out. Cameron is a natural dominant. Philip is a natural submissive. And Mark is both. These boys have a lot to work out.

Paradise Found is a m/m/m ménage that gives us lots smex. I enjoy the occasional triple M because sometimes you just need that uber sexy love scene. And three hairy chests, are always better than one, yes? Okay, moving on. As Cameron and Philip are getting it on (and Mark is watching) Philip’s Dom tendencies come out and a little spanking action gets going. This gets everyone off. But later, as Mark tries to tell Cameron he wants to submit to him and wants to be spanked too, Cameron shrugs it off. We later learn Cameron had a bad Dom session once and he became scared and no longer wants that lifestyle. But Mark wants it. And after Philip leaves and goes back to his lawyer job that he hates, he wants it too. Basically, all three are in need of something in this relationship, and it takes a bit of plotting from Philip and some communication from all three to get them settled.

I get that Cameron had a bdsm session go bad and he is trying to not live that lifestyle anymore. But, I have a hard time buying into the fact that he doesn’t recognize the needs of Mark. He worked professionally as a dom for years before he meets Mark. But he doesn’t recognize this is what Mark needs to make him happy? And then Philip can come in and save this relationship, someone who doesn’t have much experience with dating any men period? I like the concept, I just don’t know if I totally buy into it. I also think the declaration of love at the end comes out of nowhere.

If you are looking for a book with hot m/m/m scenes, you will most likely enjoy Paradise Found. Even though I had a few issues with the actual story, I hope Hunter Raines writes more

Rating: C
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paradise Found.