Jessica Marie's Reviews > The Twilight Saga Complete Collection

The Twilight Saga Complete Collection by Stephenie Meyer

Jun 06, 2011

it was ok

...I'm just gonna go ahead and let Stephen King take this one:

“Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.”

PREACH.

The one thing I will hand to Stephanie Meyer, however, is that somehow she is still aware of EXACTLY what a teenage girl wants to read. She is aware of the hero the teenage girl wants and the heroine the teenage girl wants to pretend she is. When I first read the books, I loved Edward, and I thought Bella was juuuust like meeeeeeee. As do most of the other girls on the planet, I imagine. Hell - even grown women. So kudos to Meyer for managing to bottle down in *only* four books every instance of wish fulfilment a girl could ever need in her literature.

She is still the antichrist though.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twilight Saga Complete Collection.

message 1: by Garry (new)

Garry Dhesi jeremy I completely agree with u. twilight series were the first books that I ever read.i don't care what others say but Stephenie has something I had never imagined someone can ever posses.the vividness and details that take u to some other planet entirely. though I was not satisfied with the end but other books like the host and the short second life of bree tanner were good.