Natasha's Reviews > Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between

Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between by J.A. Saare

Jun 06, 11

A fantastic new Urban Fantasy!

"Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between" is the first novel in the Rhiannon's Law series by J.A Saare. I was pleasantly surprised with this novel. I chose it on a whim and just from reading the first sentence, I knew I would be hooked.

Rhiannon is a new favorite heroine of mine. As a necromancer who can see ghosts and even talk to them, she won't let you down. She tries hard to hide her ability, especially from the supernatural. She wants nothing to do with the supernatural world and will try her hardest to avoid it. Unfortunately, her secret isn't as well hidden as she hoped. For as much as she can senses the supernatural(vampires), they can sense her even more, so now she's thrust into the supernatural world, where she takes the front seat with her abilities.

Disco needs her help. The vampire has had his sights on her for a while, knowing her ability and trying to get closer to her. He will get her to help him, theres no choice in the matter. No matter if Rhiannon doesn't like vampires, she's now stuck with them. It's not personal, but she finds them creepy and although she hates to admit it, scary. But she'll have to push aside her disgust to work with them.

The mystery unravells at a good pace, the characters are very likable, especially Disco. The handsome vampire and Rhiannon have great chemistry, even if it doesn't always show. I guess opposites really do attract. He he!
I also really liked Goose, the other necromancer helping Rhiannon. I can't wait to see more of him as well.

I highly recommend you pick up this sexy, Urban Fantasy, that will keep you on your toes and begging for the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between.