Angie's Reviews > A Tailor-Made Bride

A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Jun 07, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read from June 06 to 07, 2011

Synopsis: "When a dressmaker who values beauty tangles with a liveryman who condemns vanity, the sparks begin to fly!
Jericho "J.T." Tucker wants nothing to do with the new dressmaker in Coventry, Texas. He's all too familiar with her kind--shallow women more devoted to fashion than true beauty. Yet, except for her well-tailored clothes, this seamstress is not at all what he expected.

Hannah Richards is confounded by the man who runs the livery. The unsmiling fellow riles her with his arrogant assumptions and gruff manner, while at the same time stirring her heart with unexpected acts of kindness. Which side of Jericho Tucker reflects the real man?

When Hannah decides to help Jericho's sister catch a beau--leading to consequences neither could have foreseen--will Jericho and Hannah find a way to bridge the gap between them?"

My Review: This was an interesting change of pace for me. A blooming romance that takes place in the old west with a heavy basis in christianity. Definitely not a normal read for me but I thoroughly enjoyed it. A lovely story of how kindness and love win over hatred, and how inner beauty can shine through even exterior beauty. I grew to love each of the characters and wish I didn't have to leave them behind at the end of the book. It was great to see them pull through all the trials, even ones created themselves.

Again I wish there were half stars because this is a 3 1/2 star book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tailor-Made Bride.

06/06/2011 page 114