Elisabeth's Reviews > Faking It

F_50x66
Jun 29, 11

bookshelves: 2011, audio, contemporary-romance
Recommended to Elisabeth by: Jennifer Crusie glom, WTT
Recommended for: even non romance readers
Read from June 06 to 29, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: once

Absolutely brilliant. Heard this as an audiobook and it was fantastic. The narrator manages to absolutely convince with every voice but her Clea is a work of art. I read Welcome to Temptation earlier this year and never pictured Clea as the arm candy that the voice managed to transmit which is, of course, the real Clea. So full marks to Aasne Vigesaa for a lovely reading.
The story itself is fantastic, I always feel that Jennifer Crusie books are like those mad capers where everything happens so fast and you have to really concentrate to not get lost halfway (but in a good way) and this one was no different. A slightly bent heroine who spends her life looking after everyone and finally gets someone to look after her. Davy Dempsey was delicious in WTT and he really is the thing heroes are made of. The importance of family for both characters was really nice.
Just lovely, I intend to get the book becos that's how I am but I really recommend the audio version. Guaranteed to have you laughing through most of the 10 hours.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faking It.

06/07/2011 "Just started Chpt. 6 - everything I love about Jennifer Crusie - it's quick, smart, funny and very engrossing."