Tee loves Kyle Jacobson's Reviews > Dreamless

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

May 20, 12

bookshelves: 2012-must-reads, around-the-world-arc-tours
Read in May, 2012

A huge THANK YOU to Around The World ARC for allowing me to read Dreamless. I have been waiting an entire year for this book. Josephine has done an EXTRAORDINARY job writing this series. The way Starcrossed left off had my heart beating and longing for more. Lucas....... Lucas....... Lucas OMG what to say about him. How it ended had me screaming NO!!!!!!!!! So to say I was happy to get Dreamless early to read is an understatement.

So without further ado here is my review of Dreamless. Helen is determined to end this centuries old curse of the furies cycle of revenge on the scions and their families. She is determined to go into to hell everyday and night to save the people she loves. The only thing is is that Helen didn't anticipate meeting someone that would sacrifice themselves for her to help her out. She figured she would have to do this alone and that Lucas and his family might be able to help her.

Helen will have to grow up real fast and as time goes on and she learns about her powers she becomes strong and you can see her becoming a woman. I will say this there is a love triangle so if you are not a fan of love triangles you may get mad. I loved Lucas from Starcrossed and I wanted everything to work out for Helen and Lucas and for them to not have to be struggle to be together. I have to say I was very impressed how Josephine spun the love triangle and I think it is good for Helen and Lucas to have to fight for what they want. Love is not handed to you but you have to fight and take it. No matter what it costs you have to fight for it hard.

Josephine has also done an excellent job of introducing the Greek Gods. In Dreamless we get to meet some new Gods and learn more about the old gods we met in Starcrossed. The underworld and Ares and Hades in this book to me is EPIC! I love Greek mythology and I love how Josephine spun the characters into something so much more. Ares is the Olympian god of war and defense and the figure behind all kind of violence and in true Josephine style Ares kicks up some stuff! Then you have Hades oh my my Hades what have you done. Hades is the God and Ruler of the Underworld and boy oh boy does he rule. What Helen has to go through each time she descends The Underworld leaves you breathless.

I could go on and on forever with this review because I love Greek Mythology and I love the story Josephine has spun but I do not want to include any spoilers so I will end this review with saying that this book is a total summer EPIC read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamless.

Ashley Mccook Loved Starcrossed too. Looking forward to this!

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson Ashley,
OMG Talk about an all nighter. I could not go to bed until I finished this book. Lucas stole my heart hands down in this book.