Jean Pearl's Reviews > Apocalypse Scenario #683: The Box

Apocalypse Scenario #683 by Mira Grant

Jun 06, 11

Read on June 06, 2011

I was so surprised how short this story was. I thought it would consist at least a two or few more chapters but whoa. It was too short than what I expected. No chapters. Just a very short story. I admit at first I was kind of feeling lost tuning on the characters' entire 'game' but later on, thankfully, I caught up. I thought it would somehow connect to the Newsflesh series yet the 'diseases'(<--it's literally not a codename) mentioned differed to that of the series. I would've enjoyed it more if not for the fact that it was too short and I gotta admit, the ending was just..meh. haha. Nonetheless, I was a bit entertained and suspense-d by the whole 'apocalypse game: the box' they dealt on. It was okay and the only thumbs-up thing I could declare out of this is -- Mira Grant is still awesome!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apocalypse Scenario #683.

Wendy Darling Oh, it's good to know this is so short. I heard it was good, though.

Jean Pearl Yeah it was good but personally it would've been better if it hadn't been that (view spoiler). Still, it creeped me out a bit..