Zorena's Reviews > Sin City, Vol. 3: The Big Fat Kill

Sin City, Vol. 3 by Frank Miller

Jun 06, 2011

bookshelves: graphic-novels
Read on June 19, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sin City, Vol. 3.

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Phoenix I love these graphic novels so much. I still can't believe how close the movie was to them as well!

Zorena Phoenix wrote: "I love these graphic novels so much. I still can't believe how close the movie was to them as well!"
The movie was very good but I'm glad I've read "A Dame to Kill For". It filled in some of the blank spots on Dwight.
I'll probably watch the movie again after I finish this series.

Phoenix Ah, that's true! There were some blank spots, I actually think I ended up reading "A Dame to Kill For" more than once because I read them sort of out of order. I still have to read "That Yellow Bastard."

Actually, speaking of blank spots, there's some nice fillers in "The Hard Goodbye"that I loved with Marv's backstory. Particularly regarding his family.

Zorena Phoenix wrote: "Ah, that's true! There were some blank spots, I actually think I ended up reading "A Dame to Kill For" more than once because I read them sort of out of order. I still have to read "That Yellow Bas..."
It's a shame the movie couldn't have been longer but even then it's almost impossible to include everything.
For some reason Marv was one of my favorite characters. Even though he's violent he seems to have some ethics and he loves his Mom . ^.^

Phoenix I agree. It probably would've been a bit much to add everything, although when there was rumors of a sequel awhile ago I can see now how they might've been able to swing it. They wanted to focus almost exclusively on Nancy though, which didn't make much sense to me.
Marv is definitely a huge fave. Its hard not to like him! Despite being this big lug that's capable of so much destruction he's also chivalrous in a backward kind of way. And I love that scene with his mom <3 ^_^

message 2: by Zorena (last edited Jun 22, 2011 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zorena Phoenix wrote: "I agree. It probably would've been a bit much to add everything, although when there was rumors of a sequel awhile ago I can see now how they might've been able to swing it. They wanted to focus al..."
I think they'd pick Nancy because sex sells. *insert eyeroll*. Also there is a good chunk to her story missing and they might be able to cover it while building a story around her in current time.
If you read the whole series there are a lot of cross overs of characters in the background which I find really cool. I'm going to have to see if they do that in the movie.

Phoenix Oh yes. I nearly forgot that she was Jessica Alba in the movie. *sigh* I'll have to finish the series finally. I've read three I think, but there's still a few I haven't gotten to. I think there's a fair bit of crossover in the movie, but I don't know to what extent.