Mel's Reviews > The Violet and the Tom

The Violet and the Tom by Eve Ocotillo

Jun 25, 11

bookshelves: e-book, on-line-fiction
Read from June 20 to 25, 2011

Sylvan is an eromenos, a slave taught in the art of love since early childhood. When his master goes bankrupt, Sylvan -together with all of the master's other possessions- gets sold. He can't believe his luck when it turns out it's the King himself who has acquired him. On top of that he's given to the King's son, the handsome and powerful Lord Nygell. But the Lord is silent and gruff, even becomes angered when Sylvan tries to serve him. And soon the desperate Sylvan finds there is nothing he can do to please his master...

The Violet and the Tom is a wonderful slave story with a twist. What I liked most was that there was no miracle kiss or fuck that set things right between the characters. Both had to work through behavior ingrained by status, upbringing and forceful conditioning.
This resulted in a great story with good writing, steady pacing in which the events unfolded in a realistic tempo and manner and wonderful characterization.

The story is free available on line which brings me to the question why in hell this author didn't get published? The Violet and the Tom is a great story which definitely deserves more exposure. A well deserved 4,5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Violet and the Tom.

06/22/2011
70.0% "This is good!"

message 1: by Lauraadriana (last edited Jun 25, 2011 08:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lauraadriana Babe I am loving this story reminds me of Renault's style...

LenaLena Mel, do you have a file for it that you could send me?

message 3: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel Sent it Marleen.

LA I'm glad you're liking it :)

Lauraadriana Mel wrote: "Sent it Marleen.

LA I'm glad you're liking it :)"

Loving!!!

MsMiz (Tina) This book is fucking brilliant. It really needs to be published.

Lauraadriana MsMiz (Tina) wrote: "This book is fucking brilliant. It really needs to be published."

Did you finish it T?

message 7: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel I think you finished before Tina, LA. Might you be the new speed reading champion?

MsMiz (Tina) I am on like the last 15 pages - was at pride all day today!!! Had a blast, but thought it wrong when all those people were parading in very small clothes for me;)

Lauraadriana MsMiz (Tina) wrote: "I am on like the last 15 pages - was at pride all day today!!! Had a blast, but thought it wrong when all those people were parading in very small clothes for me;)"

Glad you had a blast babe!!

@Mel Babe that book was too good, I couldnt stop!! Sweetness are we all about Evenfall today??

message 10: by Mel (last edited Jun 26, 2011 11:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel Yep Evenfall today! I'll start tonight. It's about 30 degrees (Celcius) today so I've got to enjoy the sun first. After work that is... Blah.

Tina, sounds like fun. Where was it?