Inoli's Reviews > Gathering Blue

Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry

Jun 06, 11

bookshelves: dystopia-postapocalyptic, own, series, study-social, middle-grades, must-comment
Read from May 27 to June 05, 2011

I found it very easy to rate this and The Giver four stars and may eventually come back and give them the fifth. I'm finding it harder to make a comment on either one. Ms. Lowry paints very good pictures with her stories. There's a very interesting combination of simplicity and complexity. I found the same thing to be true in Number The Stars. I feel like I want to read The Messenger and then right a whole essay on these. They really have affected me and will stick in my mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gathering Blue.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caren (new)

Caren I always enjoy your comments. Were you Children's Lit major or just naturally insightful? I hope you post your essay.

Inoli I'm very glad to hear that. No, not a Children's Lit major. And I thank you very much for such a high compliment. You not only made my day but the whole second half of a very hard and busy week.

Misty You should read The Messenger. I really liked how it brought it all together.

Inoli I intend to very soon. I had a feeling that's what was going to happen. I can almost imagine how it will happen. I really like the way she writes - the mood she creates or the tone and pace of the story - calming and thoughtful, or something like that.

Btw, i'm rereading P&P in preparation for adding zombies.

Misty =)