Jules's Reviews > My Foolish Heart

My Foolish Heart by Susan May Warren

Jun 06, 11

bookshelves: blog-tour, reviewed, sent-4-review

My full review is on my blog: http://onebookshy.blogspot.com

While this is the fourth installment in the Deep Haven series, this book is quite enjoyable as a stand-alone read. I'd like to thank Amy for including me as a tour stop for My Foolish Heart. It's a story that I may have missed out on if not for her. I don't usually read Christian fiction or books classified as inspirational so this was a departure for me. I'm happy to have made this detour into a different genre.

The two main characters in this story are quite scarred ~ emotionally and physically. It was interesting to see them deal with their issues both separately and together. I think Ms. Warren has a real knack for creating characters that pull you into their life as well as into their head and heart. I think most readers will be able to find something of themselves in the individuals populating this story. I know I could relate personally with some of Issy's issues and situation. I liked the aspect of getting to know each other through the anonymity of the radio show as I met my own husband online. We knew each other intimately by the time we actually met in person. We dealt with the "will he/she like the physical me?" A few of her insecurities, though magnified, are still some that many of us will have to confront at some point in our lives.

The supporting cast of characters is quite strong. Lucy is definitely one of my favorites as I have an awesome best friend too. There is something about having that one person who will always go to bat for you. Caleb is what many women dream of but he just can't see that anymore. He also has a lot of emotional and physical "baggage" to deal with before he can move forward with his life.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well written story with interesting characters. When you add in football, a nutty dog and a small close-knit town you have a winner on your hands.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Foolish Heart.