Rebecca's Reviews > Swapping Lives

Swapping Lives by Jane Green

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: chicklit
Read in August, 2007

I have read almost all of Jane Green books so most that I find at the library, I have read already. Yay for finding one I haven't read yet!!! (and sidenote, yay for finding a typo! I love finding typos in published books because I am like the worst speller ever and I see them as, if this can be published, why can't I?)

This story took a while to get going. A magazine editor and a housewife swap places to find out if the "grass is really greener on the otherside". And apparently, it's not. I did like how the mag editor was kind of boho-chic and not rich and not living it up as when you normally read books like this, that character is like always what you wanted your single life to be. And one thing that annoyed me about the housewife is that she didn't want to keep up with The Joneses of her neighbourhood, but she did anyway, even though her best friend didn't. It didn't make any sense. Otherwise, it seemed like this book was thrown together really fast as well. Typos and not funny developed characters. But I guess that is the way we are in the real world, so it was a sort of pleasant change.

Grade: C

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swapping Lives.