Shannon's Reviews > The Mistress's Revenge

The Mistress's Revenge by Tamar Cohen

Jun 27, 11

bookshelves: first-reads, 2011, books-i-own
Read in June, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

At the first few pages, I wasn't sure I was going to like this book. I tend to read books about people my own age. However, it turned out to be really interesting. I loved the story itself, but I absolutely hated the characters.

Clive is a cheating husband. I disliked him so much. Sally went on about how much she loved him, but I had no idea why she was so obsessed. He wasn't at all physically attractive and he was a terrible person— self absorbed, unfaithful, etc. He'd go on for pages about how he wanted Sally to leave him alone and then sleep with her.

Sally is a woman that's been dumped by her married 'boyfriend'. At first, I felt sorry for her. I really did. Even though she was a home-wrecker, she had been unceremoniously dumped after a five year affair. After a while though, her self-pity became grating. Anyone who's dumped has the right to cry and feel terrible, but eventually you HAVE to move on. Clive obviously wanted nothing to do with her, yet she continued to harrass him, convinced that he still wanted to be with her. She went from normal post dumping mourning to full-out stalker behavior. She started befriending his wife, Susan. Then she facebooked his kids. And next thing you know she was standing outside his house during the night. I just wanted to smack her and say 'get over him already'. It was just pathetic how out of control her life spiraled. I felt even worse for Sally's boyfriend Daniel and their two kids. She was so obsessed with Clive the man-ho tv reporter that she didn't realize how much her own family was suffering.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mistress's Revenge.

06/20/2011 page 20