Rebecca's Reviews > Queen of Babble

Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: chicklit, ya
Read in July, 2007

Ahh, Cabot, you really can't go too wrong with her. Author of the Princess Diaries. I mean, you know what you are in for when you pick up one of her books. Her adult books are just like her kids books, with a sex scene thrown in and even those are pretty tame compared to normal chick-lit standards.

Girl meets some British guy like the day before he goes back home after college and she thinks it's love. Oh please, spare me already. She goes to visit him and it's not at all like she planned and she ends up "breaking-up" (after like 2 days of dating and day dreaming all summer that he is 'the one' after knowing him for like 1 day before that! The whole thing was retarded) and running off to France where her best friend is working at some chateau with her boyfriend and a friend of his, who owns the house. Gee, I wonder who Girl is going to end up with! Apparently, her problem is is that she talks to much and blurts out things when she isn't supposed too. She didn't seem to excessive, compared to normal girls, I didn't really see the selling point of this title. Girl was extremely self-centered as well, which was tre annoying as well.

While annoying at many many parts, the book was a quick, super light read. 300 pages and I read it in nearly a day.

Grade: C-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Babble.