Jaime's Reviews > Perilous Partnership

Perilous Partnership by Ariel Tachna

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: favorite-reads, recommended, series
Read in May, 2011

Not that I expected any different, but I loved this book. I'm decidedly biased here. I have yet to read an Ariel Tachna book I didn't like, especially from this series. I thought I'd said goodbye to these vampires and mages with the close of the war and the end of the forth book. Imagine my surprise and delight to find out two of my favorite guys were to get a book of their own: Jean and Reymond, possibly my very favorite couple from the whole series, did not disappoint. Not often do I have a moment when a character drives me to anger and tears in the same scene. I'll let you read to find out how this happened, and to a reader who rarely gets all that emotional. I'll just tell you this: it wasn't even a life-in-the-balance scene. Not physically, anyway. But that's how deeply the emotional lives of these characters are drawn. I just cared that much.

I remember when I first started reading this series, years ago, and I had complaints about the omniscient view point. Can I just say, as good as those first books were, Ms. Tachna has grown into her abilities a as a writer. No more complaints. Just a bit of a wish to see the next book finished and in my hands, and a small request. Vincent and Eric. *puppy eyes* Please?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perilous Partnership.