Jo's Reviews > Reunion in Death

Reunion in Death by J.D. Robb

Aug 14, 11

bookshelves: action-adventure-suspense, romance, mystery
Read in June, 2011

Loved it. Love this series. Yes, it's a police procedural (set in 2059), and she's a homicide cop and her cases are generally pretty convoluted and/or horrific. (And the bad gal in this case is evil!) But the reason I keep coming back in the ongoing development of the main characters. I love the development of Eve's (Dallas) & Roarke's marriage and their relationship to and with each other -- this book brings us to their first wedding anniversary. I love the love the continuing development of Eve's character. In this story she went to Dallas to face her past and it was truly horrific and heartbreaking for both Eve and Roarke -- and me. I could feel the events as it happened to Eve, but Roarke's reaction was even more powerful (wonderfully written & God, what a man!).

There was also more development in Peabody & McNab's relationship. We meet Peabody's parents (didn't like her mother much, frankly). And Eve gives Peabody a cold case to solve on her own - oh, good, she gets professional development too!

14th in the series (read them in order!) and a definite favorite!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reunion in Death.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julie I have read several in random order. Now my goal is to read all of them in order.

message 2: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Julie wrote: "I have read several in random order. Now my goal is to read all of them in order."

They're better in order. You will enjoy this project!