Tina's Reviews > Queen of the Darkness

Queen of the Darkness by Anne Bishop

Jun 05, 11

Read in January, 2007

As the conclusion to the series it was alright. I think the characterization in this book took a nose dive. All the secondary characters of Jaenelle’s court are confrontational and untrusting which seems out of place following book two. You only get to see what is really going on with Jaenelle through other people’s view points which makes it hard to feel anything at all toward her. Luciver’s sudden change in life status is bewildering and seems to be just thrown in to make the conflict more personal. There are so many people that are now part of the story that at times it is hard to keep everyone straight.

The ending I think was right for the story. The final conflict was a bit rushed though and it would have been more interesting to get more of Jaenelle’s POV, she is Witch after all. And like most stories when you get so invovled with the characters, you are left wondering what happens next. I would have enjoyed an epilogue with the aftermath.

Don’t miss reading the first two books so you get a better understanding of the world and the people. If you enjoy stories which are more male driven then this trilogy I would highly recommend.

There were some bad parts I wish were different, but I can overlook them for the fantastic parts with Daemon and all the action.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of the Darkness.