Miles's Reviews > The Abduction

The Abduction by John Grisham

Jun 05, 2011

bookshelves: reviews
Read in May, 2011

John Grisham is back for another Theodore Boone adventure, the precocious thirteen year old, wiser than his years, tries to solve the mysterious disappearance of his school friend.

When his best friend, April, disappears from her bedroom in the middle of the night, no one, not even Theo Boone - who knows April better than anyone - has answers.

As fear ripples through his small hometown and the police hit dead ends, it's up to Theo to use his legal knowledge and investigative skills to chase down the truth and save April.

Filled with the page-turning suspense that made John Grisham a number one international bestseller and the undisputed master of the legal thriller, Theodore Boone's trials and triumphs will keep readers guessing until the very end.

Weighing in at a little over 210 pages Theodore Boone:The Abduction packs a legal teenage punch. It’s a fun read, light and not overly complex but it works on many levels. Aimed at children and a new breed of Grisham fans, adults will also take something from the book.

The narrative is slick and uncompromising lending itself to a very pacey read –managing to read it in one sitting - and although not as long as the current crop of adult aimed titles you never feel cheated.

Theodore is an interesting character. He doesn’t like going to school and uses every excuse under the sun not to go but once he’s there he tends to enjoy himself – the fight he has with his parents is a daily occurrence and one shared by thousands of school kids the world over! His favourite class is Government followed closely by Spanish taught by the young and exotic Madame Monique – no surprise there then!

Full review on my blog:- http://www.milorambles.com/2011/05/29...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Abduction.

message 1: by Jan (new)

Jan Vermillion Thomason question - i guess i've never read a john grisham book featuring theodore boone which surprises me. I thought i owned all of his books.
can you please tell me if this book with a 13 year old as a main charactor is as good as his regular novels?? thanks for your time!

Miles I've only read one Grisham novel and this has a very different feel to it. Without doubt aimed at the younger market and not as complex as his regular books I would expect. Hope that helps.

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan Vermillion Thomason thank you! you were a great help.
and, if you ever get the chance, read some of his regular novels. he's a great author!