Kathryn's Reviews > Camp Hell

Camp Hell by Jordan Castillo Price

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: erotica, mystery, paranormal-romance, espionage, urban-fantasy
Read in June, 2011

By far, the best book of the PsyCop series. Camp Hell was packed full of everything I love and all of it felt ramped up tenfold, from Vic's paranoia over who to trust to his relationship with Jacob and his ability to deal with his past and current work situation. There were some huge changes that took place and I loved every single one, especially involving Jacob and what Vic said in the last scene. It was nothing that the reader should not already have known but it was good to hear Vic say it aloud.

The mystery was top-notch as well. I had no idea who the person sending the faxes was until slightly before Vic knew as well. I had my suspicions but I think I considered just about everyone at one point or another and my final vote was not who it turned out to be, so props to the author for stumping me! I love a book that is unpredictable.

The ghosts were also incredible. Price did a wonderful job of keeping the scenes moving, pacing the dread and uncertainty. There was one ghost scene with Vic and Zig that was very palpable and intense. I could not put the book down at that point and I kept reading until I finished. I am not a fan of ghost stories which I do not consider ti be anything heartracing but these books have forced me to reconsider those thoughts. I love this series and highly, higly, highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Camp Hell.