Seth's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

May 13, 14

Read in May, 2014

Ugggh. I wish that Tobias would just go by Four. Or Toby! That would also be good :D

. . . THE COVER.

I'm so freakin excited for this book!

******EDIT AFTER READING*******

I guess my excitement died down a little lol :P But it was really good still, even though I read it like two years after the first one :P
109 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

05/13/2014 marked as: read

Makenna Haha :) When I was reading this, I hated the name Tobias and it was so hard to pronounce all the time, so I just called him Four in my head :)

Seth I know! I just like Four! :D

Esther I AM SO GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HATED THAT NAME! GAHH![: I wish his name was just four! FOUR FTWW!

Seth SERIOUSLY!! I'm just . . . UGH. And they way that he INSISTS on her calling him his real name. I just wanted to shoot someone!

Kevin Tobias is a fine name for me, It was just soooooooooo annoying they had to randomly change the name, JUST STAY BY FOUR!!!!!!

Esther I secretly wanted to shoot veronica roth for coming up with that name. hehe. That is why every time i saw Tobias I would read it as four.

Seth AHHH A TITLE!!!! INSURGENT!!!!!!!

Makenna What's Insurgent mean? I know Divergent is the name of what Tris "was" but Insurgent sounds cooler :)

Seth It sounds awesome! I want this book. NOW.

Makenna Ditto :)

Esther Insurgent means: a person who revolts against civil authority or an established governmen

Esther *government

Makenna Ok, then! Thanks!! :)

Paige Miller I liked the name Four, and I'm okay with Tobias... but the switching messes with me. Like in City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare when Kyle all of a sudden becomes Jordan, I kept calling him Kyle in my head...

message 15: by Seth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Seth I have yet to read coFA . . . So I´ll just discount that comment ;D

Makenna ♥ Tink ♥ (Paige) wrote: "I liked the name Four, and I'm okay with Tobias... but the switching messes with me. Like in City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare when Kyle all of a sudden becomes Jordan, I kept calling him Ky..."

Yes! Same thing happened to me...again!

p.s. Sorry Seth :)

Paige Miller Ooops sorry. Don't worry I don't think that was a major spoiler.

message 18: by Seth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Seth Haha don´t worry about it Paige.

(I haven´t read this book and this review has 17 comments and 13 likes o.o)

message 19: by Seth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Seth I just find it . . . SO annoying.

Arphaxad I just finished the book this afternoon, and "NO NO NO, FOUR FOUR FOUR" actually sums up my reaction pretty nicely! Why would he want to get rid of such an awesome name, in favour of Tobias?

message 21: by Seth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Seth Yeah. But . . . i still hate it >.>

message 22: by Yazna (new)

Yazna I always DIE when my friends call him THAT OTHER NAME...(i feel lik i`m saying Voldemort) ugh....*gag reflex*

message 23: by Yazna (new)

Yazna Emily wrote: "You sound just like my friend! Every time I call Four by Tobias, shes like "UGHH NO NO NO, FOUR FOUR FOUR. NO TOBY, FOUR FOUR FOUR." Haha, gotta love her."

seriously Mel....how did i NOT know you wrote this bout me!!!

message 24: by Isabel (new) - added it

Isabel Reitzes I'm okay with him being Tobias, but I wish he would stay Four!!!! He needs to stay Four! Four Four Four! I agree with the "NO NO NO, FOUR FOUR FOUR" reaction.

Ela Yesh! This whole, name change thing bothered me so much! I mean, I kind of had the whole feeling that Four was Tobias but then when he did reveal he was Tobias, Tris accepted that way too quickly. Like, there was never a time when she made a mistake and called him Four by accident. No, she just suddenly called him Four. That was what annoyed me.

Picture  Perfect I'm with you, Seth. Divergent was really good even though it seemed like it would be the regular Dystopian novel. So good! :)

Kevin LOL! Seth you and I have such similar taste in books!!! I'm super psyched for Insurgent and yeah Toby would be good :D LOL

Briana Grenert Agreed. I hate the name Tobias, all I can think about is a bad production of "A Delicate Balance". Four is a better name...it suits him.

Ashley I call him Tobi in my head. *shrugs*

message 30: by Seth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Seth Haha nice Ashley :D Maybe I'll do that while reading Insurgent.

message 31: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire IKR! Four was such a cool name and then his name just suddeenly changed. The name Tobias annoyed me for some reason.

message 32: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz I actually like the name Tobias. :D

Ashley Liz wrote: "I actually like the name Tobias. :D"

I like the name too. It's just easier to think of him as Tobi since people are so partial to nicknames.

message 34: by Safiya (new) - added it

Safiya agreed like really why cant they call him four again

Tobias I would love for him to be still called FOUR. Tobias sounds like a pipe line.

message 36: by Loni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Loni lmfao. agreed.

Izzat Zainal Maybe I'm not American so that's why I have no problems with Tobias. It's not a bad name for me.

Arghya Iyengar Tobais isn't a bad name, but I just wish that it was Tobais from the start. I really like the name Four, though. It gives him something to live up to. Like, it kind of hides part of his identity.

Oliver Tobias is the worst name ever for a mysterious guy. It should have stayed with four.

Leslie Yes! FOUR was so much better. :)

message 41: by Va (new) - rated it 5 stars

Va Mack I like Tobias i have no problem with it but I am annoyed that when i am talking to someone who hasnt read the book that i want to read the book I really cant say Tobias because its a bit of a spoiler. Maybe not to you guys but to me not knowing about him is important.

Brenda I agree! Four is WAY better than Tobias, (a horrible choice of name for this character IMHO).

message 43: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Amrine DUDE this book is one of the best! i love the relationship Tobias and Beatrice share together. but i honestly love his name Tobias. just stick with his original name

message 44: by Cyra (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cyra Tabassum Hahhaa. Exactly. I didn't like the name Tobias. Four suits him well.