Yani's Reviews > The Taming of the Rake

The Taming of the Rake by Kasey Michaels

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: arc
Read on June 05, 2011

Of all the romance novels, I must say the historical genre is my favorite. Thanks to Isa at BookSoulmates, I have been reading many of these lately. And yes they do all follow some general guidelines, such as: the hero is usually dashing, brooding, and opposed to marriage and there is so much tension and stolen moments until the hero and heroine REALLY get together. Still, they are all so different.

In The Taming of the Rake, our hero is dashing, brooding, and opposed to marriage (SURPRISE) but unlike other story lines, there is not as much "does he, does she love me?." It really is a ROMANCE novel, they build a friendship, a trust, a loving union. They have conversations and yes the kisses are forbidden and hot, but there are also many sweet and tender moments as well. AND there is stories and mysteries, outside of the romantic plot line, that just kept me reading it all in one sitting!

Also, can I just say YAY for independent girls! Chelsea is one fierce woman. I also really enjoyed seeing Beau, before he became a "rake," though he is really one of the tamest rakes I have read about. I loved them together, seriously one of my favorites.

This story is one of the most realistic historical fiction romances I have read, in the romance aspect and with the old language... which I will admit threw me off a little at first. But I can't describe to you how much I liked this book, so to sum it up....

My Review in a Tweet: Kasey Michael's story had me tripping, falling head over heels in love with not only Beau but the whole Blackborn family. Definitely some of my favorite rakes and I can't wait to read more about them!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Taming of the Rake.