Noel's Reviews > Deadline

Deadline by Mira Grant

May 22, 2012

Read in June, 2011

In general, I am not a serious sequel fan (My Discworld obsession nonwithstanding). Put a Roman numeral after a title, and I tend to roll my eyes. Also? I tend not to be a fan of Zombie *anything*. The usual "logical conclusion" to a zombie story creeps me out far too much to want to have anything to do with it.

However, a friend of mine, also knowing my fondness for Heinlein, suggested /Feed/. /Feed/ had me so hooked, that I was eagerly awaiting /Deadine/ from the instant I finished the first book.

And, darn Ms. Grant's hide, she's done it to me again. I just finished /Deadline/ and now I'm grinding my teeth until the third books comes out.

It's a very different book from /Feed/ as it's told from a different perspective. The main characters aren't exactly innocents any more; they're pretty torn up by what they've been through. And it makes for a much more action-packed read. Told from the point of view of Shaun, this isn't quite as cerebral a story as we'd expect from George's POV, but that's all to the good because it means that we're getting the info in character (though the subtext makes you either want to laugh or punch him).

Is it a worthy sequel? Goodness, yes. It even makes you twitchy for the NEXT sequel.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadline.

05/22/2012 page 20