Errica's Reviews > Green Is the New Red: An Insider's Account of a Social Movement Under Siege

Green Is the New Red by Will Potter

U 50x66
Jul 03, 11

Will Potter has explained the attacks on animal/environmental rights activists in a thorough, thought provoking, enraging and inspiring way. His explanations and accounts of the Animal Enterprise Terrorist Act and its subsequent use in the American judicial system is amazing. To know that there is no official definition of the term "terrorism" in the government is frightening as it is now so freely applied to anyone who leaflets or joins in a protest for the rights of animals or the environment. He illustrates so clearly how history continues to repeat itself when it comes to Americans who apply civil disobedience and the right to free speech when standing up to government and corporations who continue to strip away our rights as citizens of this country. Always in retrospect we see how wrong we were to arrest and kill those who stand up and demand basic human (animal, environmental) rights. From our sister suffragists to Dr. King to Daniel McGowan. Truly this book is an amazing account of our current struggles with our government.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green Is the New Red.