Rebecca Treadway's Reviews > Seed

Seed by Ania Ahlborn

Jun 17, 11

Read from June 05 to 06, 2011

** spoiler alert ** The beginning started off strong enough for me to continue reading but the multiple shifting from a character's head into another escalated without clear, concise indication - it became distracting. Even a * or ## can prepare the eye/mind for a scene break better than open space. Once or twice it happened too close in the same paragraph of a character dialog exchange and left me wondering if I missed a line due to eye strain. Otherwise, the plot is steady and the dread progresses but on one hand there is too much information dump and on the other - the ending felt implausible due to lack of build up. Knowing more about the demon would've helped this, imo. I couldn't suspend my disbelief with some technical issues (grounded in the reality of the storyline that simple research can fix - not the writing mechanics thereof) It made the anal part of me disappointed with the last three chapters. The character's were dumbed down enough at this point so they could be slaughtered quick and clean and *boom* "the end. The more anal folk like me who appreciate a little more logic in demonology and manifestations of evil, with some details paid to how "real life" cops work in an amber alert along with things like body decomposition" might have some plausibility issues. There are however, some moments within that will really entertain horror fans. I especially liked the incident with the dining room table, and the late night door opening when the Mother sees "something" outside.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seed.