Jennie's Reviews > A Life That Fits

A Life That Fits by Heather Wardell

Jun 22, 2011

bookshelves: e-book, fiction, i-own, read-in-june, read-in-2011
Read from June 15 to 19, 2011

This is a story about growth and self discovery, reminding the reader that teens aren’t the only ones figuring out who they are. When Andrea’s long-time boyfriend leaves she is suddenly alone…and lost. She wallows in her heartbreak and along the way realizes that she doesn’t know who she is anymore. She sets out on a plan to win her boyfriend back by becoming the opposite of who she was with him.

Along the way she truly discovers herself and this is such a wonderful transformation to witness. It wasn’t easy, nor was it without tears. She struggled with her decisions and made a few wrong moves but she puts herself out there in a quest to find herself. I loved how daring she forces herself to be – jumping into conversations with strangers on the subway, joining a multitude of hobby classes and picking up a piece of her she left in band class in high school.

I think everyone has wanted to do something as exotic as this – doing exactly the opposite of what you would normally do. Most of us don’t have the means or opportunity to shelve our responsibilities, spouses, children and the other many items relying on us to be our normal selves. I lived vicariously through Andrea as she went through this journey - sending her encouragement when she was nervous and yelling at her for her mistakes.

A story of romance, of self-discovery and of new beginnings, this is a wonderful book full of hope.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Life That Fits.

06/16/2011 page 75