Maddy's Reviews > The Body in the Library

The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie

Jun 25, 11

bookshelves: mystery, female-author, audiobook
Read from June 04 to 25, 2011

The one where a dancer is murdered and left in the library of an upper class friend of Miss Marple's.

Despite my carping about certain Unfortunate Implications (cripples should basically accept that their lives are over and be sad! Dancing girls are asking to be murdered!) eventually I was able to feel like it was those characters who thought those things, not that they were the moral of the story.
Satisfying ending, although I wasn't able to figure it out at all in advance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body in the Library.

06/04/2011
1.0% "Oh, for goodness sake, stop arguing about how there couldn't possibly be a body in the library and *go to the library and look*."
06/25/2011
80.0% "Holy crap everyone in this book is like, eh, bitch was kind of asking to be murdered. For- being a dancer *wink wink nod nod* and being nice to a lonely old man with money who was being nice to her. Jeeez."
06/25/2011
80.0% "Also is it typical of the Miss Marple books that she basically doesn't do anything until the end? I'm assuming she does something at the end, anyway. Thus far she's made two correct suggestions, but mostly doesn't appear. (Contrast to Poirot, who is a more active investigator.)"