Brenda's Reviews > Exclusively Yours

Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, romance, reunited-lovers
Read on June 04, 2011

I liked the premise (Keri's need for identity) but in the end I didn't feel the book delivered on it. The sub-plots involving Joe's siblings' marital troubles were much more emotionally compelling than the main couple's. I never got an idea of who Keri was beyond her high-living LA lifestyle, so the conflict that'd been set up almost twenty years prior between her love for Joe and her need for identity felt painted on, especially since it's not even mentioned until at least halfway into the book.

It seemed as if the book was trying to prove Keri didn't make the right choice 18 years ago, even though it doesn't explicitly say so (although she managed to have a life of her own, it's portrayed as shallow). But then again I'm not sure I can even say that because it didn't feel like there was a before and after to Keri's growth in this story. I don't even know why Joe loves her. There is mention of the polished, sophisticated stranger she's become, and the girl she used to be lurking in her eyes. Who IS the girl Keri used to be?? I'm still clueless. Keri was without identity when she was 17 (18?) and she feels just as nameless by the end of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exclusively Yours.