Miriam's Reviews > Three Men In A Boat: (To Say Nothing Of The Dog)

Three Men In A Boat by Jerome K. Jerome

Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: victorian, travel
Read from June 04 to July 10, 2011

This isn't really about three men in a boat, it is about Jerome being funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Men In A Boat.

06/12/2011 page 33
11.0% "Let your boat of life be light, packed only with what you need--a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, some one to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink."
06/12/2011 page 47
15.0% "...one of those many things that I feel I know more about than any person living. (It surprises me, myself, sometimes, how many of these subjects there are.)"
07/05/2011 page 75
25.0% "Why, all our art treasures of to-day are only the dug-up commonplaces of three or four hundred years ago... Will it be the same in the future? ... Will rows of our willow-pattern dinnerplates be ranged above the chimney-pieces of the great in the years 2000 and odd? Will the white cups with the gold rims and the beautiful gold flower inside (species unknown)... be carefully mended, and stood upon a bracket?"
07/07/2011 page 137
45.0% "People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented" 1 comment
07/08/2011 page 157
51.0% "I <3 Medievalism"
07/08/2011 page 264
86.0% "Annoyance of courting couples making out all over."
07/09/2011 page 244
80.0% ""Fallen" woman who drowns herself."

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Miriam Do I just navigate poorly, or is goodreads not very good at listing older editions? I am reading the 1889 edition by A.L. Burt, 52-58 Duane Street, New York. 332 pages, I think hardbound but it has been rebound in library binding. No illustrator credited.