Missy's Reviews > Walk on Water: The Miracle of Saving Children's Lives

Walk on Water by Michael Ruhlman

Jun 04, 11

As an adult with congenital heart disease and two children with heart defects, I am pretty much an 'expert' at having heart problems. This book is spot on about how it feels to be a parent of heart babies and patient with heart defects. I like to see both sides of the fence (the medical professional side and the patient side). Ruhlman delivers both. It provides insight to those who have never had to deal with any health issues with their children (thankfully...i wouldn't wish it on anybody). It also shows some of the success stories. My only wish is that it showed a few more successes in detail (not just numbers and stats) but interviews with the families who have witnessed miracles, as well. There is nothing - nothing - like seeing your child be brought back from death at the hands of skilled doctors and nurses (and in the hands of God). I loved the book, none-the-less, because it was the story of my life and the history of how our surgeons and doctors became who they are and how they now do what they do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walk on Water.