Ami's Reviews > Wicked Game

Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready

Jun 10, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy-paranormal-futuristic
Read from June 10 to 11, 2011

I do enjoy the world that Ms. Smith-Ready creates. Vampires as music DJs?? Come on, that is just brilliant *lol*. I wholeheartedly enjoy the music trivia, the songs played ... and the praise over Green Day's "American Idiot" *lol*. I also love the idea of vampires being pyschologically "stuck" in their time of death AND developing OCDs. Seriously, it's funny when a vampire has an itch to catalogue CDs alphabetically OR (in a midst of confrontration) is forced to count pencils that are being scattered on the floor. AMUSING moments!!

As far as characters go, the vampires bunch are interesting. Ciara, as heroine, is pretty smart (love that she used to be a con-artist) and I think she handles herself well, being a human surrounded by vampires. Shane, the love interest, is also pretty sympathetic.

In terms of writing, though, I'm not sure. It doesn't grab me as much though I am able to finish it. Maybe it'll get better in the next book? I think I'll read the second book, though, 'cause the world of Vampire radio and a touch of Rock 'n Roll seems fun to read.

Note: this book uses present tense writing. It's not such a big problem for me, since I'm not English native, but to others this warning might be needed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Game.