Rebecca's Reviews > Thank You for Smoking

Thank You for Smoking by Christopher Buckley

Jun 03, 11

Read in August, 2006

I saw the film in the theatre in the spring and really liked it a lot, so of course, I picked up the book. It was smartly written and had the same tone as the film, which is always great. The movie dealt more with Nick and his family, especially his son, while in the book, they where in it for like one, maybe two chapters, out of thirty. they hardly made a dent. He dealt more in the book with his job as a spokes person for a pro-tobacco company and his relationship in the MOD (Merchants of Death) squad, which where the most entertaining parts in the film.

What else can I say, Nick Naylor is a spokesperson for a group that promotes the most hated cause in america, the smoker. The book was entertaining and easy to follow and I am lame to say this, but I am glad I saw the movie first. Both where very entertaining and I like picturing the actors in their roles.

Grade: C+ (only because the only things I would give B's are ones I would read again and this one I wouldn't. Like with my GPA in high school, A's will never see the light of day in this tag)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thank You for Smoking.